This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate and a partner of other brands, I get a small commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost from you.
Looking for a coffee vending machine to buy for an office and need help? Check our detailed guide to decide if it worths it to buy a coffee vending machine, what is the average cost and how to properly select and use it. Let’s start!
Does a coffee vending machine for your office worths it?
Whether or not a coffee vending machine is worth it for an office will depend on several factors. Here are a few things to consider when deciding whether or not to invest in a coffee vending machine:
- Cost: Coffee vending machines can vary in price, but they generally cost more upfront than a traditional coffee maker. It is important to carefully consider the cost and determine whether or not it is a worthwhile investment for your office.
- Convenience: A coffee vending machine can be convenient for office workers who want a quick and easy way to get their coffee fix. However, some people may prefer the taste and quality of coffee made with a traditional coffee maker.
- Variety: Coffee vending machines often offer a limited selection of coffee options. If your office has a lot of coffee drinkers with different preferences, a traditional coffee maker may be a better option.
- Maintenance: Coffee vending machines require regular maintenance, such as cleaning and restocking, which can be time-consuming.
- Energy usage: Coffee vending machines can use a lot of energy, which can be a concern for some office managers.
Ultimately, whether or not a coffee vending machine is worth it for your office will depend on your specific needs and preferences. It is a good idea to carefully consider all of the factors before making a decision.
How to select a coffee vending machine based on office size and number of employees?
When selecting a coffee vending machine for your office, it is important to consider the size of your office and the number of employees. Here are a few things to consider:
- Size of the machine: Make sure you have enough space to accommodate the size of the machine you choose.
- Number of employees: Consider the number of employees in your office and choose a machine that can accommodate their coffee needs. If you have a large number of employees, you may want to choose a machine with a larger capacity.
- Type of coffee: Think about the types of coffee your employees like to drink and choose a machine that offers those options.
- Ease of use: Consider the ease of use of the machine and choose one that is easy for employees to operate.
- Maintenance: Think about the maintenance requirements of the machine and choose one that is easy to clean and maintain.
- Cost: Consider the upfront and ongoing costs of the machine, including the cost of the machine itself, any maintenance fees, and the cost of coffee and other supplies.
By considering these factors, you can choose a coffee vending machine that is suitable for your office size and number of employees. Most of the times a 4 Cup Coffee Maker can be pretty ok for a mid sized company. But what about smaller or bigger companies? Let’s check below the average amount of coffee cups produced per day based on the size of an office and company.
How much coffee cups do you need based on your company size?
- For Startups (5-15 persons): You need a coffee vending machine that can produce 20-60 cups of coffee every day (and probably night since well it is a startup so a lot of work!)
- For SMEs (15-30 persons): You need a coffee machine for 30 to 80 cups of coffee per day
- For large companies (40-200 persons): You need 200-600 cups of coffee per day.
- For very large companies (200-1000 persons): You need 600-2500 cups of coffee per day. In this case we propose multiple coffee vending machines since probably multiple kitchen spaces are available to accommodate all those people and to ensure that people can be served in parallel and in case there are any issues with the coffee vending machine this will not create any issue
Best Coffee vending machine for office to buy today
Below we are sharing some of the best coffee vending machines for every office and company size to select based on your needs!
2. Philips 3200 Series Bean-to-Cup Espresso Machine – LatteGo Milk Frother, 5 Coffee Varieties, Intuitive Touch Display, Silver (EP3246/70)
This is a great options for Small and Medium sized companies. It has 11 separate modes including expresso, americano, cappuccino, latte, macchiato, latte macciato, flat white, hot milk and hot water. It also has the ability to set the dose, the temperature, and the milk and espresso volume to dose. Last but not least you can create your own user profile. Yes! You can save your favorite options and save them to your dedicated profile so that you can easily access them with a couple of clicks to quickly “order” your coffee!
4. KRUPS Arabica Digital EA817040 Automatic Coffee Machine, Bean to Cup, Espresso, Cappuccino, Black
What is the average cost of having a coffee vending machine for office?
The cost of having a coffee vending machine for your office will depend on several factors, but you can expect a total of $2000-$3000 for a medium sized business. There are a lot of factors that affect the cost such as the size and type of the machine, the cost of coffee and other supplies, and any maintenance fees. Here are a few estimates of the average costs associated with having a coffee vending machine for your office:
- Machine cost ($500 to $10,000 per year): Coffee vending machines can vary in price, but you can expect to pay anywhere from $500 to $10,000 or more, depending on the size and features of the machine.
- Coffee and supplies ($4000 to $12000 per year*): The cost of coffee and other supplies, such as cups and creamers, will depend on the type and quantity you purchase.
- Maintenance ($400 to $1200 per year*): Some coffee vending machines require regular maintenance, such as cleaning and restocking, which can cost anywhere from a few hundred dollars per year to several thousand dollars per year, depending on the machine and the frequency of maintenance.
*Cost calculated for a medium sized business of 20 people drinking on average 2 coffee cups per day.
Overall, you can expect the total cost of having a coffee vending machine for your office to be several thousand dollars per year, depending on the factors mentioned above. It is a good idea to carefully consider the costs and determine whether or not a coffee vending machine is a worthwhile investment for your office.
Cost of having a coffee vending machine vs ordering coffee for employees
The costs off owing a coffee vending machines (as calculated above) can be several thousand dollars per year. On the other hand the cost of ordering coffee for your employees will depend on the type and quantity of coffee you order and the cost of any additional supplies, such as cups and creamers.
This cost may be lower upfront than the cost of a coffee vending machine, but it can add up over time. Our take on that is that owing a vending machine despite the initial investment of buying it, long term is a great option since it can be an excuse/reason of making people come to the office, chat and exchange ideas. So overall, in the initial investment might be hight but it totally worths it. Check below some of the reasons why:
Why buying a vending coffee machine for office (benefits)?
There are several benefits to buying a vending coffee machine for an office while creating a strong coffee culture:
- Convenience: A vending coffee machine allows employees to quickly and easily get their caffeine fix without having to leave the office or wait for a pot to brew.
- Cost-effective: Vending machines can save money in the long run by eliminating the need for a full-time barista or coffee service.
- Customization: Many vending coffee machines offer a variety of drink options, including different flavors and cup sizes, so employees can choose their preferred type of coffee.
- Increased productivity: A vending coffee machine can help keep employees energized and focused, leading to increased productivity.
- Employee satisfaction: Providing a vending coffee machine as a workplace amenity can help improve employee satisfaction and morale.
Overall, a vending coffee machine can be a cost-effective and convenient way to provide employees with a much-needed caffeine boost.
Coffee vending machine rental – Is renting a coffee machine an option?
There are several companies coffee vending machine rental. What’s that? They rent a coffee machine with a fixed cost per month reducing the initial investment and the maintenance and support that a coffee vending machine requires for your office.
There are several companies that offer coffee vending machine rentals. Here are a few options to consider:
- Selecta: Selecta is a European company that offers a wide range of vending machines, including coffee vending machines, for rent.
- Nescafe: Nescafe, a well-known coffee brand, offers coffee vending machine rentals through its Nescafe Vending Solutions program.
- Lavazza: Lavazza is an Italian coffee company that offers coffee vending machine rentals for offices and other businesses.
- Bean to Cup: Bean to Cup is a UK-based company that specializes in coffee vending machine rentals for offices and other businesses.
- Logic Vending: leading vending machine supplier in the UK. Catering to the entire length of the country, the firm offers coffee machine rental leases at reasonable prices
- Express Vending: ailored service that’s entirely flexible to your business’ needs. It’s also the most forward-thinking vending machine supplier in the UK, providing an unmanned, touchscreen ‘microhub’
- Caffeica: ending machine supplier suitable for businesses of all sizes.
- Kafevend: It is the best coffee vending machine supplier if you’re looking for competitive rates.
- Link Vending: works with vending machine companies that meet ISO 9000 system (quality assurance) standards. They will offer vending machines with or without contracts as well as the choice over commitment to purchasing consumable and opting into maintenance
Not sure which one to select?
Can I maintain the coffee vending machine myself?
It is possible to maintain a vending coffee machine yourself, although the specific tasks you can do will depend on the specific machine you have. Here are a few tasks that you may be able to do yourself:
- Refilling beans and water: You will need to regularly refill the beans and water in the vending machine to keep it fully stocked.
- Cleaning the machine: You will need to regularly clean the vending machine to remove any coffee grounds or other debris that may have accumulated. This can help ensure that the machine is in good working order and produces high-quality coffee.
- Performing basic maintenance: Depending on the machine, you may be able to perform basic maintenance tasks such as changing filters or cleaning the brewing system.
It is important to carefully read the owner’s manual for your vending coffee machine and follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for maintenance and cleaning. If you are not comfortable performing certain tasks, or if the machine is not functioning properly, it is best to contact a professional for assistance.
What is the average lifespan of a coffee vending machine?
The lifespan of a coffee vending machine can vary widely depending on a variety of factors, including the specific machine, how it is used and maintained, and the environment in which it is used. Some vending coffee machines may last for many years with proper maintenance, while others may need to be replaced after a shorter period of time.
In general, you can expect a coffee vending machine to last for several years, although it is not uncommon for some machines to last for over a decade with proper care. To extend the lifespan of your vending coffee machine, it is important to regularly maintain and clean it, as well as address any issues that arise promptly.
What are the financing option for coffee vending machines?
There are several financing options available for coffee vending machines, including the following:
- Purchase: You can pay for a coffee vending machine upfront with cash, a credit card, or a check.
- Leasing: You can lease a vending coffee machine from a vendor or a leasing company. This option may be especially appealing if you do not have the upfront capital to purchase a machine outright.
- Financing: You can finance the purchase of a vending coffee machine through a lender or a financing company. This option allows you to make monthly payments over a set period of time, rather than paying for the machine in full upfront.
- Renting: You can rent a vending coffee machine from a vendor or a rental company. This option typically involves paying a monthly fee to use the machine, and you do not own the machine at the end of the rental period.
It is important to carefully consider the different financing options available and choose the one that best meets your needs and budget.