This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate and a partner of other brands, I get a small commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost from you.
Cold brew coffee is a refreshing and delicious alternative to traditional hot coffee, and it’s easy to make at home.
To make the best cold brew, you’ll want to start with a high-quality ground coffee that is specifically designed for cold coffee brewing.
Don’t get anxious! That’s why you are reading this article as we are here to provide you with the best ground coffees out there. So, you can skip the hard work of choosing a brand!
Which is the best ground coffee for cold brew?
One of the best options for ground coffee for cold brew is a medium-dark roast. This roast level provides a balance of acidity and sweetness, making it perfect for cold brewing. The beans should also be 100% Arabica, as they are known for their sweeter and more nuanced flavours.
1. One of the top brands that offers cold brew ground coffee is Death Wish Coffee Dark Roast Grounds.
They have a special blend that is specifically made for cold brewing. This coffee is made from a blend of Arabica and Robusta beans, and it is dark roasted to bring out its rich and bold flavours. It has a high caffeine content and it is perfect for making cold brew.
This Coarse-Ground Coffee is made from 100% Arabica beans and it is a medium-dark roast. It has a smooth and balanced flavour that is perfect for cold brewing.
The 3 best ground coffees especially for cold brew 🧊
Making cold brew at home!
When it comes to making cold brew at home, there are a few tips that can help you achieve a great taste.
1. The first thing to consider is the ratio of coffee to water. A general rule of thumb is to use 1 cup of ground coffee to 4 cups of water. However, you can adjust this ratio to your liking.
2. Next, it’s important to use cold or room temperature water. Hot water can cause the coffee to become bitter, which is not what you want in a cold brew.
3. Another tip is to steep the coffee for at least 12 hours. The longer the coffee steeps, the stronger and more flavourful it will be. However, do not steep it for longer than 24 hours as it will make the coffee bitter.
4. Finally, make sure to strain the coffee to remove the grounds before serving. You can use a fine mesh strainer or a coffee filter to do this.
Final words ✍🏻
Making cold brew at home is easy and can be a great way to enjoy a refreshing and delicious coffee.
To make the best cold brew, use a high-quality ground coffee that is specifically designed for cold brewing, such as Death Wish Cold Brew Blend or Jacobs Kronung Ground Coffee!
Making your coffee with love ❤️
Follow the tips for brewing and you will have a great taste!